Eligibility criteria for CSS aspirants are discussed in detail below.
The Indian Civil carrier (to begin with known as Imperial Civil provider) took over the administrative management of the Sub-Continent in 1858 for implementation of the practices of the Imperial Rule and carrier of the preferred public. At the beginning, locals have been no longer allowed to compete in opposition to the officer stage posts; with the passage of time, they were also allowed to compete for the Civil Service Examination.
Pakistan came into existence on 14th August 1947 and its very own civil service was made from the available officers who chose Pakistan, resulting in the formation of Civil Service of Pakistan (CSP).
Age Limit and Relaxation For CSS Exam
- Candidates should be between 21 to 30 years of age earlier than the cutoff dates. For example, a candidate born on or before thirty first of December, 1992, and on or after the second day of January will not be eligible for the competitive exam CE-2023 ( The CSS exam to be held in 2023).
- Age relaxation can be given to the following applicants;
- The candidates belong to the scheduled caste and Buddhist Caste..
- The candidates belonging to the identified Tribes who’re citizens of the regions stated-under;
- Tribal regions of D.I.Khan and Peshawar Divisions (such as former Frontier States of Dir, Swat, Chitral, and Amb).
- Former excluded (Baloch) places to form a part of the Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur Districts.
- Former Tribal regions of Mardan and Hazara Divisions.
- Upper Tanawal of Hazara department.
- The candidate, who is a permanent citizen of Azad Kashmir Territory.
- The applicants who’re everlasting citizens of Gilgit-Baltistan along with Gilgit, Diamir, Baltistan, Ghizer, and Guanche.
- The special applicants, specifically physically impaired, hearing or speech impaired, and visually impaired.
- In-Service government servants, Armed personnel, Contract employees, together with the govt. servants of Azad Jammu and Kashmir, who possess at the very least years of non-stop govt. service as on the cut-off date upon provision of departmental permission certificate from the competent authority..Employees of national banks, State Bank of Pakistan, WAPDA, regulatory authorities, autonomous bodies, and different semi-autonomous bodies are not entitled to age relaxation by these rules.
- Candidates must hold Bachelor’s degree with a Grade ‘C’ or at least Second Division from recognized Pakistani university or a foreign university degree recognized from HEC.
- A candidate having third division in bachelor degree must hold higher division or grade in master degree, otherwise he/she will not be eligible for CSS Examination.
A candidate eligible for CSS Competitive examination must be a Pakistani national or permanent resident of the State of Azad Jammu and Kashmir.