Introduction to CSS Preparation
In this article, you are going to find a complete guide to start the CSS preparation 2022 at Home. You will find here the best tips from experts for CSS exam preparation. We will cover methods to make strategies for each subject of the CSS Exam. Moreover, we will focus on English Essay and English Vocabulary, Current Affairs, and Pakistan Affairs.
CSS preparation for beginners – Before Starting
First, start studying newspapers, start with Urdu newspapers, read all the editorials and columns of at least two Urdu newspapers for three to four months, after that, when you understand all the current issues, now you should choose an English newspaper.
When reading a newspaper in English, Google the meaning of difficult words or look up the words in an offline dictionary on your smartphone, for example, dictbox or Udictionary. Second, work on your listening skills. Watch movies in English with subtitles and watch seasons, but I will only recommend this if you have enough time for CSS exam preparation. Also, listen to the discussion and talk shows with English subtitles to improve your current affairs, general knowledge, and English vocabulary too.
Get interested in reading, read good books and try to read a new book every week. You have to do some smart work while reading books. You need to make your own notes for retention of your reading.
11 Tips for CSS Preparation
The following are the best tips for CSS preparation online free and as well in academies.
- First, download the syllabus and CSS preparation books.
- Choose your optional subject wisely (Those subjects in which you have background knowledge).
- Count the number of topics from your chosen subject and then divide them in your remaining time until CSS Exam.
- Also, download the rules and regulations.
- There is a YouTube channel like Jahangir World Time and CSS All in One(for lecture series) where previous candidates give useful advice and listen to all the interviews.
- There is a World Time magazine, there is an interview every month, a separate book of all the interviews of all the previous years called CSS success stories has come out in the market, it is a book that is worth three hundred rupees, it will also be available from world time.
- Create your own study plan now.
- Make your room a classroom, remove any disturbance to your room like mobile phone, etc.
- Make notes for each subject, at least you have to buy 12 Registers for making notes. You can download study notes for CSS from this link.
- Create the timetable for study.
- Reserve the first three or four hours of the day for English.
In my opinion, the preparation of these five subjects such as English, Pakistani Affairs, Current Affairs, and English continues throughout the year. Apart from this, there are seven subjects left, which you can prepare by spending two or three hours a day for a month.
Let me talk about the first five subjects.
How to prepare English Essay, English Precis, Current Affairs, Pakistan Affairs, and General Science and Ability? For ENGLISH follow the following basic recommended books for CSS.
- Wren & Martin with keys, and
- Raymond Murphy
Prepare these books well and as you prepare them daily, prepare ten or twenty GRE vocabulary words and try to use these words in sentences. Take the precis book from Zahid Ashraf by Dhillon and practice it after reading the precis rules from there and have it checked by an English teacher. Or take Michael Swan’s book and use it as a reference book and try to correct your mistakes on your own.
How to start preparation for Pakistan Affairs and Current Affairs?
Download the syllabus for Pakistan and Current Affairs. Look up the topics that are common in both subjects. You will find most of the topics are overlapping. Moreover, you will also get topics for your essay. Many topics for your essay will come from Pakistan’s issues. For example,
- Economic Crisis
- Political Crisis.
- Water Crisis.
These issues are the hot topics in Pakistan Affairs, but what is interesting is that the same hot topics also exist in Current Affairs. Now, make a separate little list for each topic and after you understand the ABCs of those topics, save them. Read the Editorial and Newspaper column and update your topics on registers, so that your five subjects continue to develop throughout the year. In addition, you will have in-depth knowledge of essay writing.
How to prepare for the other seven subjects for CSS Exam?
First of all, keep at least one month for each subject. Download the subject of the syllabus. Moreover, find the past paper for the CSS Exam on the internet, download and keep it with you. Make a list of topics from the syllabus and past papers. Divide the number of topics over 30 days and start them prepare from recommended books for CSS preparation material and take study notes for your future retention. In this way, your CSS preparation will be completed in as little as seven months.
If your English is good, you can complete the CSS preparation by studying seven to eight hours a day for six to eight months.
Last but not least, if you find this article helpful then please share it with your friends and tell us in the comment below how much it was helpful to you. Also, you can also share your best tips and strategy for PMS Exam or CSS Exam Preparation.