If you want an answer to the question “What is CSS Exam in Pakistan?” then you are at the right place. Here, we will discuss all the details of the CSS exam, eligibility criteria, age limit, educational qualification, CSS Exam Schedule for 2023, CSS groups, etc.
CSS Exam Stands for?
CSS Stands for Central Superior Services. It is a competitive exam held in Pakistan for the selection of candidates to work for the government. This exam is conducted by Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) every year. The BPS-17 Scale is allocated to selected candidates.
CSS Exam is divided into five sections.
- MCQ’s based Preliminary Test (MPT) Test.
- Written Exam of 12 Subjects.
- Medical Examination of Candidate after qualifying Written Exam.
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voice of 300 marks.
In a written examination of the CSS Exam, there are 12 CSS exam subjects of total 1200 marks. Six subjects are compulsory and six subjects are optional. The details of the subject and complete details about the CSS Syllabus are given in this link.
Eligibility Criteria For CSS Exam Pakistan
Educational Qualification for CSS Exam:
You must have 14 years of education. You must have a BA/BSc/BS in any subject/discipline for being eligible for CSS Exam. Moreover, you can read more about the eligibility criteria for the CSS exam at this link.
The lower age limit for 21 years and the upper age limit for the CSS exam is 30 years. However, age relaxation is given in some cases. Furthermore, the details of age relaxation are given in this link.
CSS 2023 Schedule: CSS Exam 2023 complete exam dates and schedule.
The CSS-2023 is to be scheduled according to the following table. All the exam processes and MPT dates and timelines are given below in detail.
CSS exam date 2023 schedule had been announced by the competent authority. The MPT for CSS will be taken for the first time from CSS candidates for CE-2023 to shortlist the candidates. The last date to apply for the MPT test is 23 August 2022 as per the announcement of FPSC. The MPT Test will be conducted on the 2nd of October 2022 and the result announcement will be done on the 17th of October 2022.
|CSS 2023 Exam Schedule||Dates|
|Last date to Apply for MPT Test for CSS-2023 Schedule||23rd August 2022|
|MPT Test Will Be Conducted on||2nd of October 2022|
|The result of MPT Test will be announced on||17th of October 2022|
|MPT Qualified will submit Online Application for CSS-2023 on||From 30th October to 14th of November 2022|
|CSS-2023 Exam will start on||1st of February 2023|
The Advertisement for CSS-2023 will be published on the 30th of October 2022 and the last date to apply for an online application will be the 14th of November. You can submit the online application at the FPSC Online web portal.
Online Application Process
The online application process is explained step by step below;
- You have to register first with your CNIC and email address.
- Fill the online form with educational qualifications and other personal information, like name, father’s name, address, cell number, etc.
- Do not send your educational document to FPSC.
- Print the Challan form and submit the fee to designated banks (as discussed below).
- Do not send the Challan form copy to FPSC.
- Keep the Challan form copy with yourself for future records and must bring it with you to the exam hall.
Fee for CSS Exam
The fee for the CSS exam was 2200 PKR for the previously held exam. However, new rates of exam fees are not announced yet until the writing of this article. However, you can submit a predefined fee on challan form at any National Bank Pakistan branch or at the branches of the State Bank of Pakistan.
CSS Exam Groups
After qualifying for the CSS Exam, you have to opt for one of the 12 groups in which you want to provide your service. These groups are as follows.
- Foreign Service of Pakistan (FSP).
- Pakistan Administrative Service (PAS) also called District Management Group (DMG).
- Police Service of Pakistan (PSP).
- Inland Revenue Service of Pakistan.
- Pakistan Customs Services.
- Commerce & Trade Group.
- Information Services of Pakistan.
- Military Lands & Cantonment Group
- Office Management and Secretariat Group
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Services.
- Postal Group
- Railways (Commercial & Transport) Group